Missing A Lesson and Scheduling Make Up Lessons
PLEASE READ: Effective AUGUST 1, 2018
We know that life happens! If you are not able to make your regularly scheduled lesson, we currently provide a LIMITED number of make up lessons FREE OF CHARGE as a courtesy to our families. There is never a guarantee of being able to get a make up lesson for every lesson that you have to miss. In other words, make up lessons are not guaranteed to replace missed lessons at a 1:1 ratio. All make-up lessons listed are on a FIRST-COME, FIRST SERVED basis. We strongly recommend still getting on the waitlist for a date even if it is reserved. 4 times out of 10, the person who is successful in reserving the make up slot ends up needing to cancel, and if no one else is on the list, then that make up time is moot and not rescheduled.
Please note the following:
1) A same-day lesson cancellation is not eligible for a make up lesson UNLESS approved by the teacher. Please call or email the office no later than by close of the previous business day to be eligible for a make up. Please check the footer below on any of our website pages for current office hours. NOTE (Effective November, 2018): If the office is closed, we will now also honor texts/emails that are timestamped before midnight. Text 708-246-8222 with the name of the student and the date/time of the lesson you need to cancel by midnight the night before the scheduled lesson to be eligible for a make up.
2) We ask that you please provide the original missed date at the time of scheduling a make up to help expedite cross-checking. Unfortunately, some people have abused the make up system in the past as a way to get extra lessons for free, so we can no longer do make ups on an honor system.
3) If you are a NO SHOW for your make up lesson, the make up is forfeited for the original date that the lesson was missed. In other words, if you missed on July 1st, and scheduled a make up on August 1st, but were a no show on August 1st, you cannot schedule another make up on a different day to still replace the original missed lesson on July 1.
4) A make up lesson must also be cancelled no later than by close of the previous business day to be eligible for a re-schedule. Same day cancellations will be forfeited.
5) Make up lessons should be scheduled within 4 months of missing the original lesson. After 4 months of the original missed date, a make up cannot be scheduled for that missed lesson. You ARE able to schedule a make up into the next year as long as the original missed date is within 4 months. A reminder that you do not have to schedule a make up lesson with your regular teacher. You are welcome to do so, but by only limiting yourself to your regular teacher, you are risking the chance of not getting in before your 4 month deadline.
6) Make ups are only for ENROLLED students and are not allowed past the last scheduled lesson date once a student has officially withdrawn from lessons, whether a date was scheduled before withdrawing or not. So, if someone gives notice on the 15th of February that they will not continue into March, and they have a make up scheduled for February 27th, the make up will be honored. If they have a make up scheduled for March 2nd, they would forfeit that make up, as they are no longer an enrolled student past February 28th.
7) The Make Up Lesson schedule, shown below, is NOT an interactive menu. This schedule will be updated on a MONTHLY basis and all ENROLLED families for the next month will be notified when the update is available online with their monthly email with school happenings/updates. You can CALL or TEXT us at 708-246-8222 or EMAIL us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a make up.
8) Because of the limited amount of make up lessons offered each month, students who are in GROUP CLASSES such as Rock Band are not eligible to schedule a make up lesson to substitute missing a CLASS. If you feel your child would benefit from additional help, you are able to schedule a DROP-IN lesson with a teacher at the current rate of a regular private lesson.
9) Students who are scheduled for a TRIAL lesson are not eligible for make up lessons. Make up lessons are only for ENROLLED students. If you need to miss your scheduled trial lesson, please contact the office by the close of business at least one day in advance of your trial to make arrangements to reschedule.
10) All make up lessons should correspond to the type of lesson you currently take. If you take a 30 minute lesson, you are only allowed to sign up for a 30-minute make up at a time. If you take a 45-min or 60-min lesson, then you are allowed to sign up for back-to-back 30 minute slots when available.
Friday, 2/22: 4:30pm - 5:00pm (Sujata)
Monday, 2/25: 5:00pm - 5:30pm (Mary)
Monday, 2/25: 5:30pm - 6:00pm (Mary)
Monday, 2/25: 6:00pm - 6:30pm (Hope)
Tuesday, 2/26: 8:00pm - 8:30pm (Jan)
Wednesday, 2/27: 6:30pm - 7:00pm (Marissa)
Wednesday, 2/27: 7:00pm - 7:30pm (Marissa)
Thursday, 2/21: 7:30pm - 8:00pm (Rob)
Thursday, 2/21: 8:00pm - 8:30pm (Ben)
Thursday, 2/28: 7:30pm - 8:00pm (Rob)
Thursday, 2/28: 8:00pm - 8:30pm (Ben)
Saturday, 2/23: 2:30pm - 3:00pm (Megan)
Monday, 2/25: 8:30pm - 9:00pm (Katie)
As there is only one cello instructor, we will schedule make ups on an appointment basis with the instructor, George Teague. Please call for information.
Our three drum instructors' schedules will not allow time for them to have SET make up times. We will schedule make ups when we know of cancellations in advance. Please call to be placed on a monthly waiting list if you need a make up for drums/percussion and we will contact clients as they become available.
As there is only one woodwinds instructor, we will schedule make ups on an appointment basis with the instructor, Rose Cloud.
Please call for information.
Sunday, 2/24: 1:30pm - 2:00pm (Gretchen)
Sunday, 2/24: 2:00pm - 2:30pm (Gretchen)
Saturday, 2/23: 9:00am - 9:30pm (Sladjana)